Definition of unit price
: a price quoted in terms of so much per agreed or standard unit of product or service agreed to take the gravel at a unit price of 50 cents a yard often : an inclusive price quoted to cover all incidentals (as transportation or installation) as well as the basic unit of product or service purchasing on a unit price relieves the buyer of inconvenience but may be more expensive quoted a unit price for the funeral
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?