unfollowed; unfollowing; unfollows
Definition of unfollow
: to stop subscribing to the feed of (someone or something) on social media : to stop following — see follow entry 1 sense 8e I had to recently defriend on Facebook and unfollow on Twitter several men and women for this very reason.— Emma Barnett In three simple steps, here's how to make someone unfollow you on Instagram without blocking them or risking them noticing.— Kaitlyn Wylde
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?