Definition of uncheck
1 : to impose no check on
2 : to remove a check mark from (an electronic form or document) : to deselect (an option) in a software interface … open Preferences, click on Advanced, and uncheck the Automatically Load Images box.— Cameron Crotty, Macworld, June 1998
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game