un·cal·low | \ ˌənˈkalə\
Definition of uncallow
(Entry 1 of 2)
dialectal, England : to remove the layer of soil above the subsoil from
dialectal, England : to clear off the layer of soil above the subsoil
Definition of uncallow (Entry 2 of 2)
: the layer of soil above the subsoil
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?