Definition of umbrella thorn
: an acacia (Acacia heteracantha or A. litakunensis) of the African bushveld having a flat-topped crown, straight thorns, and curved prickles
— called also haak-en-steek
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game