Definition of umbrella grass
: any of several plants having outspread inflorescence: such as
a : australian millet
b : an Australian grass (Aristida ramosa)
c : a sedge of the genus Fuirena
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game