ul·ti·mus he·res | \ ¦u̇ltəməsˈhāˌrās\
variants: or ultimus haeres \ -ˈhīˌ- \
Definition of ultimus heres
: the last heir —in feudal law often applied to the sovereign as taking property when other capable heirs fail
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game