Definition of ulster
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of Ulster (Entry 2 of 2)
Note: Ulster was an ancient Irish province which split into several kingdoms in medieval times. After the Anglo-Norman invasion in the 12th century, Ulster eventually came under the control of the British crown and in the 16th century was divided into nine counties, three of which joined the Irish Free State (now the republic of Ireland) in 1921 while the rest remained with the United Kingdom.
Keep scrolling for more
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game