Definition of ulster
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of Ulster (Entry 2 of 2)
Note: Ulster was an ancient Irish province which split into several kingdoms in medieval times. After the Anglo-Norman invasion in the 12th centry, Ulster eventually came under the control of the British crown and in the 16th centry was divided into nine counties, three of which joined the Irish Free State (now the republic of Ireland) in 1921 while the rest remained with the United Kingdom.
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game