ul·nare | \ ˌəlˈna(a)rē, -ˈnärē\
variants: or ulnar \ ˈəlnə(r) \
plural ulnaria\ -a(a)rēə , -ärēə \ or ulnars
Definition of ulnare
1 : the third carpal bone or element of the proximal row counting from the radial side specifically : cuneiform sense 1b
2 or ulnar carpal : a bone of a bird probably representing the ulnare and centrale and sometimes also the fifth metacarpal
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game