ty·lot·ox·ea | \ ˌtīləˈtäksēə, -ˌtäkˈsēə\
plural tylotoxeae\ -ēˌē \
Definition of tylotoxea
: a rodlike sponge spicule tapering toward the ends one of which is sharp and one knobbed
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game