Definition of tying agreement
: an often illegal agreement by one party to sell a product or service only on condition that the buyer will also purchase another and different product or service or will not purchase the product or service from any other supplier or will adhere to some other restriction especially : one that compels a buyer to purchase an undesired product or service in order to purchase a desired product or service
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?