Definition of twig girdler
: a cerambycid beetle (Oncideres cingulata) that lays its eggs in twigs of various hardwood trees in the eastern U.S. and girdles the twigs so that they fall off
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game