twenty questionsnoun plural but singular in construction, often capitalized T&Q
Definition of twenty questions
: a game in which one player or team tries to determine from yes and no answers to not more than 20 questions what word or object the others have chosen to be guessed
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?