Definition of turning movement
: an attack in which a command is separated into two parts operating out of mutual supporting distance one of which is to hold the enemy while the other is to make a wide detour and strike at a vital point deep in the enemy's rear — compare envelopment
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game