turnabout is fair playidiom
Definition of turnabout is fair play
—used to say that it is fair for a person to do something to harm someone who has harmed him or her She did it to me, so I'm going to do it to her. Turnabout is fair play.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game