turn upon (something)idiom
Definition of turn upon (something)
1 : to be determined or decided by (something) The outcome of the election turns upon how well the candidates perform in the next debate.
2 : to have (something) as a main subject or interest The discussion turned upon the question of how the money should be spent.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game