turn over tophrasal verb
turned over to; turning over to; turns over to
Definition of turn over to
1 chiefly British : to change to (a different channel on a television set) Turn over to channel 7.
2 : to turn the pages of a book, magazine, etc., until one has reached the desired or specified page Please turn over to page 22 of your textbook.
3 : to give the control or responsibility of (someone or something) to (someone) I am turning the job over to you. He turned the property over to his niece. The suspect was turned over to the police on Wednesday.
4 : to change the use of (something, such as land or a building) She plans to turn over the land to growing wheat and barley.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game