turn king's evidenceidiom
Definition of turn king's evidence
: to give information (such as the names of other criminals) to the court in order to reduce one's own punishment when one has been charged with a crime —used when Britain is ruled by a king
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game