turn king's evidenceidiom
Definition of turn king's evidence
: to give information (such as the names of other criminals) to the court in order to reduce one's own punishment when one has been charged with a crime —used when Britain is ruled by a king
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?