tu·no | \ ˈtü(ˌ)nō \
variants: or tunu \ -nü \
Definition of tuno
1 : a Central American tree (Castilloa fallax) closely related to the Central American rubber tree but producing a nonelastic rubber
2 or less commonly tuno gum : the resinous gum of the tuno tree
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game