Definition of tundra swan
: a native North American swan (Cygnus columbianus) that has a soft high-pitched call, breeds in the arctic tundra, and winters in shallow fresh or salt water especially along the eastern and western coasts of the U.S.
— called also whistling swan
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game