Definition of tump
(Entry 1 of 2)
tumped; tumping; tumps
Definition of tump (Entry 2 of 2)
chiefly Southern : to tip or turn over especially accidentally —usually used with oversooner or later everybody tumps over. Nothing to worry about if you don't get caught under the canoe— Don Kennard
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game