Definition of tump
(Entry 1 of 2)
tumped; tumping; tumps
Definition of tump (Entry 2 of 2)
chiefly Southern : to tip or turn over especially accidentally —usually used with over sooner or later everybody tumps over. Nothing to worry about if you don't get caught under the canoe— Don Kennard
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game