Definition of tulip poppy
1 : a commonly cultivated glaucous annual poppy (Papaver glaucum) of Asia Minor with cup-shaped scarlet flowers on tall erect stems
2 : a perennial Mexican herb (Hunnemannia fumariaefolia) of the family Papaveraceae that closely resembles the California poppy but has bright orange-colored stamens and two separate sepals
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game