tuk·ra | \ ˈtu̇krə\
Definition of tukra
: a disorder of the leaves and shoots of the mulberry tree in India caused by the feeding of a mealybug (Phenacoccus hirsutus) and characterized by curling of the leaves
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?