Definition of tui
: a predominantly glossy iridescent black New Zealand honeyeater (Prosthemadera novaeseelandiae) with white markings on throat, neck, and wings that is a notable mimic and often kept as a cage bird
— called also parson bird
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game