Definition of tui
: a predominantly glossy iridescent black New Zealand honeyeater (Prosthemadera novaeseelandiae) with white markings on throat, neck, and wings that is a notable mimic and often kept as a cage bird
— called also parson bird
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game