Definition of tuckahoe
1 : either of two arums (Peltandra virginica and Orontium aquaticum) of the U.S. with rootstocks used as food by American Indians
2 : the large edible sclerotium of a subterranean fungus (Poria cocos)
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game