Definition of tubifex worm
: any of a genus (Tubifex) of slender reddish tubificid worms that live in tubes in fresh or brackish water, are widely used as food for aquarium fish, and serve as a host for the protozoan causing whirling disease in fish
— called also tubifex
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?