Definition of tube snout
: a slender marine fish (Aulorhyndus flavidus) having the head prolonged as a tubular snout with the small mouth at its end, related to the pipefishes, and sometimes occurring in dense schools off the Pacific coast of North America
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game