Definition of trunk engine
1 : a steam engine having a piston rod that is a pipe of sufficient diameter to enable one end of the connecting rod to be attached to the crank and the other end to pass within the pipe and be pivoted to the piston
2 : an engine (as most internal-combustion engines) having a trunk piston
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game