trot·teur | \ R träˈtər, +V -ˈtər‧; −R -ˈtə̄, + vowel in a word following without pause -ˈtər‧ or -ˈtə̄ also -ˈtə̄r\
Definition of trotteur
: a woman's tailored garment (as a suit, coat, dress, or hat) suitable for walking or outdoor wear
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game