troost·ite | \ ˈtrüˌstīt\
Definition of troostite
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a variety of willemite occurring in large reddish crystals in which the zinc is partly replaced by manganese
Definition of troostite (Entry 2 of 2)
: slightly tempered martensite that etches dark and cannot be resolved by the optical microscope
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game