trom·pi·llo | \ trämˈpē(ˌ)(y)ō\
Definition of trompillo
: a weedy nightshade (Solanum elaeagnifolium) ranging from the central U.S. to South America with silvery foliage, violet, blue, or white flowers, and a roundish berry widely used by the natives to curdle milk
— called also prairie berry, purple nightshade, silverleaf nightshade
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?