Definition of trochlear fossa
: a depression in the antero-medial aspect of each orbital plate of the frontal bone that forms a point of attachment for the corresponding superior oblique muscle
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game