Definition of triplex process
: a process for making steel in which the material is partially treated in a Bessemer, transferred without interruption to an open-hearth furnace for the second stage of the treatment, and then finished in an electric furnace
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game