tri·phosphoric acid | \ ¦trī+...-\
Definition of triphosphoric acid
: a polyphosphoric acid H5P3O10 that is a partial anhydride of three molecules of orthophosphoric acid, is capable of hydrolysis into orthophosphoric acid and pyrophosphoric acid, and is known chiefly in the form of salts and esters
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game