tri·phenyl·formazan | \ (¦)trī¦fenᵊl, -fēn-+\
Definition of triphenylformazan
: a red insoluble compound C6H5N=NC(C6H5)=NNHC6H5 obtained by reaction of benzaldehyde phenylhydrazone with benzenediazonium chloride or by reduction of triphenyltetrazolium chloride
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game