tri·ox·ane | \ -ˌsān\
Definition of trioxane
: a crystalline combustible heterocyclic trimer (CH2O)3 of formaldehyde with an odor resembling chloroform that is depolymerized into formaldehyde by traces of mineral acids
— called also symmetrical trioxane— compare paraformaldehyde
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game