trifle withphrasal verb
trifled with; trifling with; trifles with
Definition of trifle with
: to treat or deal with (someone or something) in a way that shows a lack of proper respect or seriousness You shouldn't trifle with their feelings.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game