tri·ad·ism | \ ˈtrīəˌdizəm, -īˌaˌd-\
Definition of triadism
1 : state of being a triad : consisting of triads : threefold division or constitution the acceptance of triadism as the natural tonality — ETC.
2 : a system based on a triad
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game