Definition of tree tobacco
: an evergreen arborescent South American tobacco (Nicotiana glauca) that has glaucous and glabrous foliage and yellow flowers, is naturalized in parts of the southwestern U.S. and in Australia and southern Africa, and is occasionally responsible for poisoning of livestock : wild tobacco
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game