Definition of tree lupine
: an evergreen shrub (Lupinus arboreus) of the Pacific coast of the U.S. that has showy yellow or blue to violet flowers and is naturalized in New Zealand where it is used as a sand binder
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?