treasury savings certificatenoun
Definition of treasury savings certificate
: a registered nontransferable certificate of the U.S. government issued between 1921 and 1924 in denominations of $25, $100, and $1000 maturity value five years from date of issue with the interest rate being about 4¹/₂ percent per annum compounded semiannually if held to maturity
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game