tran·sit·er | \ -tə(r)\
Definition of transiter
: a transit attachment consisting of a wire that can be made to traverse the field of a transit at a rate that will keep it continuously bisecting an object (as a star) passing across the field of view and of a device for registering such passage across definite points in the field
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game