Definition of trailing fuchsia
: a New Zealand fuchsia (Fuchsia procumbens) that is often used in hanging baskets and has procumbent slender stems and purplish flowers without petals followed by persistent red fruits
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?