trag·o·pan | \ ˈtragəˌpan\
Definition of tragopan
1 capitalized : a genus of brilliantly colored Asiatic pheasants having the back and breast covered usually with white or buff ocelli and the head in the male ornamented with two bright-colored wattles and a pair of fleshy erectile horns — see crimson tragopan
2 plural -s : any bird of the genus Tragopan
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game