town·er | \ ˈtau̇nə(r)\
Definition of towner
: a town or city dweller : townsman the streets were crawling with people—towners and visiting country cousins— Bill Ballantine —used especially by circus troupes of the local citizenry the circus people, clannish and ever suspicious of towners— Al Hine
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game