touch on/uponphrasal verb
touched on/upon; touching on/upon; touches on/upon
Definition of touch on/upon
1 : to briefly talk or write about (something) : to mention (something) briefly The reports touched on many important points. She touches upon the issue in the article but never fully explains it.
2 : to come close to (something) : to almost be (something) Her actions touched on treason.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game