total and permanent disability insurancenoun
Definition of total and permanent disability insurance
: insurance against loss due to inability to follow a gainful occupation because of mental or physical impairment classified as permanent under the terms of a life insurance policy usually after such disability has continued for a stated period (as six months)
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game