total and permanent disability insurancenoun
Definition of total and permanent disability insurance
: insurance against loss due to inability to follow a gainful occupation because of mental or physical impairment classified as permanent under the terms of a life insurance policy usually after such disability has continued for a stated period (as six months)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game