to·qui·lla | \ tōˈkē(y)ə\
Definition of toquilla
1 : jipijapa
2 : a very flexible and durable fiber derived from the leaves of the jipijapa from which panama hats and other wares are plaited
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game